Monday, March 10, 2014

Update...

So do not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own. Sufficient for each day is its own trouble. Matthew 6:34 (AMP)


I have been trying to remember this but as time passes, boy is it hard! I am a planner, especially for the big things. Little things, I tend to lose all thoughts of planning and then I get myself into trouble. Big things, however, I am a major planner. I like to have detailed lists and agendas and schedules. I like routines and have a hard time shifting out of a known routine. God have been proving time and time again that yes, schedules are great, but you need to be able to roll with the changes.


We got an update for Man Ting last week where they mentioned possible Autism along with the newly diagnosed ADHD and his previous condition of Mild MR. Yey! Of course, I don't know whether to believe it or not. I know enough from all the training and schooling that Nick and I have gone through that most of his ADHD and developmental issues come from addicted parents. He was born addicted to drugs and then ended up in an institution for all but the last year or so of his life. I would have issues too! I am finding it really difficult to hear or read all these medical reports, counselor reports, etc because I am not there. This is MY child and I am half way around the world waiting on paperwork. I can't be there to advocate for him or demand a second opinion or prove them wrong.


I know he is more than just a series of reports. I love the PLK caseworkers updates so much more than the medical updates. She sends pictures and notes on how he is feeling about us and the move here. He is learning some basic English so with my really basic Cantonese, hopefully we can talk to each other. He really wants to race a pinewood derby car with his brother and go to Disney world with us. He loves looking at the photo album of us and all his cousins and grandparents but asked in a quiet voice if he was in the book. His caseworker was then able to show him the back page where we included pictures of him and notes about how much we want to meet him and bring him home. His caseworker said he smiled at that. :) (Makes this momma cry!)


He turned 8 on the 27th and we weren't together. That was pretty hard for me and I know the kiddos asked about him. The upside was that the kids had a ½ day of school so we stayed busy. We had been hoping to bring him home before then but knew it wouldn't be easy. Now we are praying for April. Of course, April is in a few short weeks and with Easter about 6 weeks away, April will be tricky. If you are a praying person, please pray that we can travel soon and be home before Easter. My kitchen table has an empty seat waiting for him and there is an empty bed in the boy's room that is begging to be slept in.



Here are some updated pics of Man Ting coloring in the coloring book we sent him for Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment