Saturday, June 21, 2014

Day 6

Today was a fun family day. We slept really well after a late dinner last night of brick oven pizza. Yummy! We took a few shots of the neon along our walk from the MTR stop to our hotel from last night. It really is a cool city.




After a bath and a cartoon we were all sound asleep. I think that may have been our best night of sleep yet – almost 8 solid hours! We got up, had some breakfast, and then met Pink and Manny's English tutor for 1 last good bye. Manny got a little sad but was really distracted by the idea of heading to the space museum. We Skyped with family and then headed out the door. It had been raining really badly all morning and we were worried it would be a wet walk but it ended up being once of the nicest days here because the rain cooled things down a bit. We started at the Batman exhibit located in a mall in Times Square. It was really neat but we missed the quota for the scavenger hunt to get a limited edition Batman coloring book. I was a little bummed but Manny was oblivious.







After Batman, we went to the Space Museum. Along the way, we found some fun outdoor artwork that we posed with. The Space museum was a cute little museum with lots of hands-on activities. We also saw an IMAX 3D movie about space and whether there is life out in space. I only saw the opening and ending because I honestly closed my eyes and took a little nap. :) Manny decided to pose like an old man with the umbrella.





After the Space museum, we went to Outback for a late lunch/early dinner. I will be honest, after 6 days of noodles, rice, and things I can't identify, I was more than ready for that steak and french fries. Manny had spaghetti and chicken fingers. Let me tell you, this kid can eat!!! He polished off all of it plus bites of my salad, Nick's soup, and a bite of my broccoli. I am a little worried he'll make himself sick but he seems to be ok.



We are back at the hotel for now, resting and digesting. I may send the boys swimming in a bit but I think we may have a quiet night in since we are supposed to head to Disney tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment