Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Travel

We are leaving this weekend to go get our son! I have so many emotions running through me that I am not sure where to start. I am super-excited to meet him but I am really nervous too. What if he doesn't want to come home with us? What if he doesn't like us? We know so much about him on paper but what does he really know about us other than what we look like and a few activities we like to do as a family. How will he feel walking into his bedroom for the first time? church? the pool? I know God has this all planned out and under control but I would love to get a sneak peak about 1 year into our future to see how things are going.

Our kids are going to 2 different places while we are gone. Mia actually has a Girl Scout camping trip the last weekend we are gone and she may have an overnight the first weekend as well. She is staying with a good friend so that she doesn't miss her camp out but that makes me a little nervous because she is a little high maintenance and if she gets over tired or over stimulated, there is no controlling the melt down and drama. Mike and Ellie are headed to Grandma's and have no idea how much fun they are going to have. Of course, all 3 kids have a slew of things that need to be packed so that they can go. Camping equipment, swimming stuff, life vests, and of course clothes, toiletries, etc. Trying to pack and clean up the house so we don't walk into a dirty house is sometimes overwhelming.

I am very blessed that my kids are at VBS this week with an amazing group of volunteers. It gives me my mornings to try and get things done without 3 munchkins under foot. The munchkins are actually helping quite a bit with cleaning but they take longer than I would so I need to sit back and let them do it. I need their help and they need to learn how. My nerves are having a hard time with it though. :)

Our hope is to celebrate Father's Day on Thursday night because that is the last time we'll be together as a family until we are a family of 6. Here's hoping we get to pull it off.

I will try to write more during our travels. It will depend on the internet connection in the hotel. We are supposed to have a good high speed connection so we will see. :) I am testing out how to embed pics in posts so I want to leave you with a fun one from this past weekend when we celebrated our oldest nephew's  graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment